Sunday, December 6, 2009

Quotable Quotes

For my final blog posting (for this class anyway), I was asked to provide a quote that reflects my view of technology. Well, I couldn't choose just 1 so here are my top 5 quotes.
  1. "This is perhaps the most beautiful time in human history; it is really pregnant with all kinds of creative possibilities made possible by science and technology which now constitute the slave of man - if man is not enslaved by it." ~Jonas Salk
  2. "The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn't think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential." ~Steve Ballmer
  3. "Any teacher that can be replaced by a computer, deserves to be." ~David Thornburg*
  4. "If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow." ~John Dewey*
  5. “Students today are raised on technology, fundamentally changing the educational environment and how students interact, learn and share. Continued focus on eliminating barriers to education by leveraging technology and the network will help bridge the digital divide and deliver world-class education to everyone. Today's students are the leaders of tomorrow and it is our duty to provide the education they need to shape the future.” ~Scott McNealy
I hope that you enjoyed my blog postings this semester. While I can't guarantee that I will post as regularly going forward, I do plan to maintain this blog for all things related to adaptive technology and education. So, see you soon!

*Came from a slideshow on Education & Technology quotes. I picked two but there were lots of great other quotes which are also relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment